WHAT DOES Security first bank OF NORTH DAKOTA DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM its MOBILE APPLICATION?
The mobile application requests access to information stored on your device such as location, camera, contacts, or other features you are enrolled in to enrich and simplify your own user experience and improve our services, as well as provide additional security to protect your account.
It is important for you to understand that:
- Before granting access to this information, you will be prompted to give the application permission.
- If you do not wish to grant permission, you may decline.
- If you later change your mind, permissions can be updated in your device's settings.
Some examples of information your app will request access to are:
- Contact List
- Access to External Storage
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
The application information is retained in accordance with state and federal record retention laws. Please contact us to determine specific timeframes for your personal stored information and if that information may be deleted.
Please contact Security First Bank of North Dakota at 701-794-8758 regarding questions about the information included in this Mobile Privacy Disclosure or questions about this application.
We want you to understand the types of information we access, collect, use, store, and transfer ("Process") through our mobile banking application (our "App"), including when you are using the App as well as when the App is running in the background. Be assured the App processes your information only for the following limited purposes:
- to provide you with digital banking and related services ("Services");
- to maintain & improve our Services;
- to ensure our Services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us;
- to develop new Services and features;
- to provide you with personalized Services and content;
- to measure the performance of our App and Services;
- to communicate with you;
- to protect our institution and customers from fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues; and
Information you enter or provide to us
When you register, access and use the App, you provide us with personal and sensitive information including your name, password, government identifiers like social security number (SSN) or driver's license number, phone number, email address, physical or mailing address, financial information, payment information, payment card information and credit information.
Other information we collect as you us our App
The information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number. We also collect information about the interaction of your other apps, browsers, and devices with our digital banking services.
Your device and other apps
We access and collect information related to your device and other apps along with associated data. This information may be collected both when you use the App as well as when the App is running in the background or is otherwise not in use.
Information we process concerning your device and other apps includes:
- your device type;
- your device ID;
- other available device identifiers;
- your device operating system;
- network and IP address information;
- your cellular data carrier; and
- device and App diagnostic information.
Additionally, if our App needs to access protected features of your device, you will have an opportunity to provide consent. In the event you decline to provide express consent, the App will not be permitted to access data gated by your device's permissions model. Without your express consent, the App will not allow use of the protected feature or related data.
If and when our App accesses your:
- phone or contact book data;
- device location; or
- other background restricted permissions,
Restricted permissions accessed by our App include:
- Use of Fingerprint -- We collect information about your biometric identifiers when you use our App, which enables us to streamline your authentication and login experience and access our Services with less friction.
- Precise or Fine Location -- We collect information about your location when you use our App, which helps us offer features like search results for branch and ATM locations, credit or debit card controls, and messages based on your general location.
- Read or access Contacts, Contacts List, or Phone log -- We collect information about your contacts when you use our App, which enables us to facilitate requested P2P and other payment transactions.
- Access Camera or Photos -- We collect information from your device's camera and photos when you use our App, which enables use of mobile check deposit and other image scanning or capturing features of the App. The only images accessed are the pictures taken for the mobile check that is being deposited using our remote deposit capture feature. No other images from your phone are accessed or saved by our application.
Sharing your information
Our App processes your financial or payment information or government identification numbers, but will never publicly disclose any personal and sensitive user data related to financial or payment activities or any government identification numbers.
Our App may process non-public phonebook or contact information, and we don't allow unauthorized publishing or disclosure of your or others' non-public contacts.
Neither we nor our third-party providers will ever sell your personal and/or sensitive data processed by the App.
The App may also transfer data as necessary for legal reasons including compliance with a valid governmental request, applicable law or as part of a merger or acquisition with legally adequate notice to users.
The App handles all personal and sensitive user data securely, including transmitting using modern cryptography.