Security First Bank of North Dakota is a locally operated, family owned community bank. We have four main banking offices, located in Center, New Salem, Mandan and Bismarck. We also have a part time office in Almont. Security First Bank of North Dakota was founded by local, Morton County folks in New Salem as a hometown community bank during the 1920's. The bank, then named First State Bank, opened for business in New Salem on January 7, 1925.
A few years later, the crash of 1929 caused a deep depression in our country. Although many banks in North Dakota didn't survive the depression of the 1930's, we are proud to say that our bank did. In fact, our bank was strong enough to purchase a troubled bank in 1933. To reflect the purchase and merger, the bank's name was changed from First State Bank to Security State Bank of New Salem.
Over the years, our bank has grown quite rapidly. In 1975 we built our present New Salem building to accommodate growth. In 1977, we were approached by the citizens of Almont, who asked us to consider providing part-time banking services in Almont. In 1978, we responded by a building a new office building and opening for business in Almont.
In 1993 we became commonly owned with the State Bank of Oliver County in Center. In 1997, to reflect our continued growth beyond the community of New Salem, we changed our name from the Security State Bank of New Salem to Security First Bank of North Dakota.
To provide our customers with more convenient access to banking services, we made two significant changes in 2000. On April 1, 2000, we merged the Center and New Salem banks. Then, in June of 2000, we proudly opened our new office in Mandan for business.
In November of 2004, we opened a new office off State Street in Bismarck for business. We added the area's premier mortgage department in 2009, located in our Bismarck office building.
As a family-owned business, banking is our life and our passion. We are truly committed to helping our customers and delivering first class service with our top notch team. We have experience our customers can trust and provide the service and respect they deserve. We are dedicated to our team, our community and to doing things the right way.
Thank you for your continued support. We sincerely appreciate your business!
We believe that to continue to grow and be successful we must continue to accomplish the following:
- We must offer you, our customer, superior service. We will get to know you on a first name basis and we will go out of our way to understand you and your business, and to tailor financial solutions that meet your individual needs.
- We must continue to offer the finest and most up to date financial services available, and we must offer those services efficiently and at competitive prices.
- We must be dedicated to and support the communities we serve. We recognize that our future is tied to the futures of the communities we serve, and we can only grow if our communities grow and prosper.
- We must operate prudently and in a safe and sound manner in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We must attract and retain the very best staff. We will accomplish this by only recruiting the best, by providing opportunities for personal growth and advancement, and by providing a very positive and pleasant work environment for our first class team.